The Warehouse Team Lead is responsible for assisting the manager in coordinating workflow, promoting cooperative team relationships, and establishing daily priorities. In addition, this position is responsible for training new and existing associates on items including Standard Operating Procedures and forklift operation. The Warehouse Lead will carry out normal warehouse associate functions such as operating a forklift for the purpose of shipping, receiving, picking, and quality control. This position will assist the manager in activities and expected company objectives in the areas of performance, safety, quality and warehouse best practices and cleanliness.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead and coordinate the workflow internally and with internal and external clients.
- Mentor and train new and existing associates in forklift operations, Warehouse SOP’s, Company policies and procedures, actively promoting safe work practices, warehouse cleanliness and promoting continuous improvement.
- Assist the manager in establishing daily priorities and providing feedback on Associate performance.
- Lead and participate in shipping and receiving functions such as picking, loading and unloading, put away, staging and stacking (package, shrink wrap and label product(s).
- Document quality control functions to ensure shipping or receiving accuracy.
- Verify products and/or orders meet quality standards, including reporting any damages or discrepancies.
- Working from a variety of source documents and/or systems to verify quantities, quality and fill orders.
- Execute all quality control functions and processes according to SOP.
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of warehouse.
- Comply with all SOP’s, corporate and site specific policies, safety rules and OSHA/ MSDS Standards.
- Inspect and perform minor maintenance on the forklift or other equipment; report faulty equipment.
- Assist in resolving various work-related issues and maintain related records or reports as required in resolving discrepancies
- Team Lead of 10 – 20 warehouse associates.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 3+ years of warehouse and/or order filling experience.
- Proven ability of computer literacy required (intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office)
- Proven problem solving and team building skills
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Fork Lift certification preferred.
COMPETENCIES (Skills and Abilities)
- Provide collaborative team environment
- Expertise in forklift operations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment with a flexible work schedule (i.e. nights and weekends as needed).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop, reach and climb.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., and to stand on feet for up to 8 hours per day.