Who We Are
Vets First Choice (VFC) is the nation's largest veterinary-partner pharmacy, providing vets and their clients with cost effective home delivery service of medications and food. VFC is licensed in all 50 states with the highest quality accreditation possible - ensuring the safest products for our pet customers and their loving owners. In 2013, Vets First Choice was named #24 on the Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Companies list and we are still growing! To fuel that growth even further, we are building an exceptional team of people to provide world-class customer service to our pet owner customers and partner practices.
VFC is seeking an Agile Project Manager to join our Portland, ME office. This position will coordinate, plan, and recommend appropriate strategies and actions relative to the management of software engineering projects. The Agile Project Manager will perform Agile Planning using Scrum and may also as needed develop and maintain detailed project plans, work estimates, resource allocation and project schedules to help ensure that deliverables are met on time and on target. The successful candidate will be able to champion the integrity of the user's experience and assure timely and consistent business results by working with the relevant Scrum Product Owners. This role calls for a self motivated, but strongly collaborative team player, who excels at tracking multiple, concurrent projects. The project manager will enjoy being hands-on with projects and delving in with colleagues and partners to understand and overcome the obstacles that arise in projects
- Manage assigned Scrum teams.
- Apply fundamental project management methodologies, leadership, knowledge and experience to manage and support the development and implementation of VFC product and services.
- Identify and recommend resource allocation to ensure projects are delivered.
- Report status for a portfolio of programs/projects, providing visibility to the milestones and performance work streams.
- Provide effective, accurate and consistent communication to a wide variety of functions within the organization (executive leadership; operations; customer support; technology leadership, etc.)
- Oversee the development of initial project scope and business requirements based on internal and/or client expectations.
- Strive to continually improve the consistency, predictability and efficiency of Business Intelligence project delivery.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field of study such as Business Administration or Computer Science.
- 5+ years of business/industry work experience.
- 3+ years experience with managing software development projects in an Agile environment.
- Proven ability to manage a diversity of projects.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES & REGISTRATIONS
- PMP, CSM (Certified ScrumMaster) CSPO (Certified Scrum Product Owner) or CSP (Certified Scrum Professional)
- Thorough understanding of and experience with Project Management Institute (PMI) methodologies.
- Capable and reliable in meeting tight schedules and deadlines.
- High attention to detail with the ability to synthesize data and report out in a succinct manner.
- Excellent leadership skills with positive, encouraging and motivating personality.
- Proficiency with technology, including Microsoft Office, Project Management software
- Active listening skills and demonstrated ability to effectively communicate strategic ideas effectively in both written and verbal communications throughout all levels of the organization.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Normal office environment with periodic travel required. Vets First Choice Portland, ME headquarters is a pet-friendly environment welcoming well-behaved furry family members.