The overall responsibility of this role is to assist in driving high quality requirements and test results for our eCommerce platform. The Analyst will use Agile development methodologies and work with cross-functional teams across VFC (as well as our CrowdSourcing test partners) to ensure quality test outcomes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for the primary development and execution of testing strategies.
- Initial mentorship by other QA team members for knowledge of the system and process; and later partnership with other QA members to ensure cross-team communication and consistency.
- Design test plans and cases to comprehensively and efficiently test conformance to business and technical specifications.
- Utilize QA testing tools (including automated testing tools) to set up and execute test cases.
- Create and maintain test data and environment required for executing test plans and cases.
- Ability to analyze and interpret test results.
- Document and communicate test results and metrics in a timely and effective manner.
- Ability to assess and clearly communicate risk.
- Track defect status, work with developers to reproduce and resolve defects, and execute re-tests and regression testing.
- Strive to continually improve the consistency, predictability and efficiency of data quality efforts.
- Ability to facilitate conversations with business partners to document business process flow and requirements.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years direct experience in the software engineering environment.
- 2+ years experience in testing e-commerce systems (experience with Hybris and CQ5 a plus)
- 2+ years experience working within the Agile development methodologies
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS AND ABILITIES)
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools.
- Experience in converting user stories (requirements) into test cases.
- Strong analytical and communications skills
- Ability to work within a team, and independently keep on schedule in a fast-paced development environment
- Experience testing multiple browsers and mobile devices.
- Experience working within an agile software engineering environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Pet friendly office environment.
- Extensive computer use.