Vets First Choice uses the latest technologies to help veterinarians better manage prescriptions, inventory, and communications for improved patient care and financial results. You will be integral in building our next generation platform to deploy in thousands of practices. We are looking for a superstar that knows how to drive adoption of technology and engagement through software.
The B2B Business Analyst plays a vital role in the overall documentation and development of current and future software products. This position participates in the entire product development cycle including; requirements gathering and documentation, user interface design, ongoing user research and testing, measuring the effects of these activities, and using metrics to feed back into the process.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Gather and document requirements from both internal and external customers
- Assist with identifying and solving design flaws and issues
- Participate in design sessions, contributing to the overall design of new products and product enhancements
- Organize, participate, and conduct product training/demonstrations as well as other internal presentations as needed
- Work with product managers to ensure strategic product roadmaps are successfully executed.
- Leverage multiple technologies and platforms (Google Analytics, MySQL, Tableau, etc) to produce actionable insights related to trends, customer behavior, site performance, and risk management.
- Monitor key metrics for product features to verify objectives are progressing as planned and analyze metrics for continual product optimization.
- Participate in and foster a working environment where creativity, innovation, ownership and teamwork are encouraged and rewarded
Qualifications and Skills
- College degree preferred. Equivalent experience may be accepted
- A minimum of 3 years experience in project management, technical writing or related fields; requirement design experience strongly preferred
- Experience in an AGILE working environment
- Industry experience in IT enabled healthcare, animal health, and pharmaceutical sales is highly desirable.
- Hands on management of eCommerce, mobile, social media, and other consumer facing technology products.
- Knowledge of Jobs-To-Be-Done and Design Thinking.
- Exceptional communication, presentation, active listening, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to think critically and creatively and to contribute in a team environment.
- Strong time-management skills; excellent follow up skills required
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with internal and external management and work collaboratively with interdepartmental teams to achieve desired results
Normal office environment with periodic travel required. Vets First Choice Portland, ME headquarters is a pet-friendly environment welcoming well-behaved furry family members.