The Program Manager, Actionable Analytics is responsible for identifying and defining analytical services to our manufacturing partners and veterinary practices in order to provide better care through data and information to improve the quality of care and close the gap for pet owners and their pets. This role involves conducting market research, generating program / service requirements, determining features based on customer needs and overall program implementation. Partners closely with Engineering and B2B and B2C Sales and Marketing in the development of marketing strategies and execution. The Product Manager will play a key role in developing and maintaining key partnerships, implementing sales growth efforts with partners, and managing partners to meet mutually agreed upon goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conducts market research and understands customer needs to manage a backlog of features and generate priorities and action plans for implementation.
- Design and recommend appropriate analytic methodology and approaches to accomplish client goals (size of gap, interest of manufacturers, and importance to pet owner).
- Create action plans to improve penetration of current VFC Connected Customers.
- Define the system and processes that make up Actionable Analytics, and develop phased evolutionary roadmaps for clients to progress their analytical sophistication over time.
- Collaborate closely with Engineering to understand feature priorities along with software design difficulty.
- Work closely across marketing, sales and executive team to ensure desired program goals are met.
- Provides source data for program line communications by defining program marketing communication objectives.
- Use quantitative data to assess and reveal profiles, segments and behaviors to enable business and marketing decision-making strategy.
- Establish meaningful goals and learning objectives established through metrics and measurements, data and attribution plans for each client.
- Provide meaningful reporting, effectively analyze program outcomes and translate into actionable insights.
- Codify best practices, package case studies, and share methods for enhanced customer penetration.
- Determines program pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing costs and ROI; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Create awareness for VFC’s solutions among customers and assist in positioning VFC’s products as solutions of choice.
- Cultivate strong consultative relationships with key individuals as Partners and act as primary point of contact to ensure satisfaction.
- Maintain a detailed understanding of Partners’ business (pain points, investment areas, profitability factors, etc.)
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- None although manage employees not directly reporting to position
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in related industry (Biology, Animal Science, Marketing, etc.)
- 5+ years program management with analytics software experience. Veterinary industry preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS AND ABILITIES)
- Program management experience in the veterinary or animal health industry.
- Proven experience in program management and delivery with ability to develop key strategies and execute in a matrix environment.
- P&L management
- Strong business networking and customer relationship skills.
- Ability to meet targeted goals; strong organizational skills; attentive to detail.
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication skills (including presentation skills)
- Must be self-motivated, work well under pressure and be eager to success in a competitive, results-oriented environment.
- Experience selling horizontal and vertical solutions with strategic partners.
- Proven track record of achieving and exceeding goals.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Positive, enthusiastic and collaborative attitude
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Pet-friendly office environment with extensive use of computer.
- Business travel of 10-20% of the time may be required.