The IT Dev Ops Engineer is responsible for the design and implementation of new DevOps capabilities and enhancing existing capabilities. Among the areas of focus are the build and maintenance of continuous integration, configuration management, and deployment automation capabilities. Additional responsibilities include the design and implementation of solutions that increase resiliency, security, and proactive monitoring of deployed systems and the infrastructure. Provides technical support, troubleshoots problems and performs scripting/programming to ensure stable and efficient operation of technology solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs installation, monitoring, testing, configuration, migration, maintenance and troubleshooting of assigned technologies.
- Manages system/application environment and ongoing operations, and maintains Systems Engineering and DevOps guidelines, standards and best practices.
- Ensures that the technologies are updated with current, stable, and compliant architecture and applications that meet enterprise standards
- Researches, designs, implements and tests technology solutions, and provides Systems Engineering and DevOps support to Software Engineering and IT operations team.
- Proactively monitors and reports performance and utilization of assigned technologies
- Troubleshoots software and/or hardware issues/failures, and creates and maintains automated scripts that will build, configure, deploy and test deployed applications.
- Resolves alerts and performs remediation activities
- Manages problem or escalated tickets and tasks and out of cycle requests from systems/software owners
- Collects and presents data for reporting and planning
- Assists with developing tactical strategies, processes and procedures related to systems/application administration
- Determines migration and upgrade impacts and diagnose/resolve complex technology/application errors
- Collaborates with IT and business area partners on work groups and initiatives
- Determines best course of action for meeting business needs
- May provide input into infrastructure architecture designs
- Writes programming/scripting
- May participate in Disaster Recovery planning and exercises
- Ensures execution and alignment to architectural standards and blueprints.
- May contribute input to infrastructure architecture
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years IT experience in server administration, network administration
- 2+ years supporting developers, administering apps, etc.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS AND ABILITIES)
- Experience analyzing business requirements and translating them into technical solutions
- Experience using Agile methodology
- Experience in scripting with Json, Bash, Python.
- Experience in application monitoring using Splunk logging
- Understanding and managing AWS databases – RDS/Aurora
- Familiar with backup solutions in AWS, Cloudformation, Saltstack, Centos, Windows oS, EMR, Talend
- Understanding of the Linux and Windows operating system
- Familiarity with Networking Technologies such as routing, switching and load balancing and networking knowledge
- Experience and/or knowledge of working in a 24/7 production environment
- Knowledge working with virtualization technologies.
- Excellent communication, prioritization, and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment
- Initiative with the ability to see opportunities for improvement; take ownership and closely work with the development team to drive product improvement
PHYSICIAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Pet friendly office environment.
- Extensive computer use.