This Production Pharmacist position is responsible for the continuation of pharmacy managements goals and objectives within the pharmacy. The pharmacist provides routine and emergency comprehensive and accurate drug screening, information, processing, and dispensing services for various drug distribution systems. Management skills and accuracy are required to ensure that the appropriate drug product reaches the customer efficiently and safely.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Veterinary Compounding experience preferred.
- Experience with PCAB accreditation preferred.
- Prior compounding experience an ISO7 and ISO5 environment strongly desired
- Knowledge of aseptic and cGMP’s preferred
- Knowledge of 5s and lean skills preferred
- Position requires a minimum of a bachelor's degree in pharmacy and a current Texas pharmacy license in good standing.
- Executes the day-to-day operations in the pharmacy as they pertain to workflow, production quotas and deadlines.
- Ensure that the pharmacy is in compliance with all local, state, and federal rules and regulations regarding the practice of pharmacy.
- Ensure that Pharmacy is maintained to high level of 5s and employees are following cGMP’s
- Supervise the pharmacy production staff to ensure proper order entry, work flow, security of the pharmacy area, and adherence to delivery schedules.
- Check for completeness and accuracy of all new and refill labels and orders. Check for content and accuracy of all drug packaging and labeling.
- Assist in the proper ordering, handling, receiving, documentation, and storage of all controlled substances; assist in maintaining a perpetual inventory.
- Meet/exceed site budget, and leverage operating policies, procedures and process to ensure operational excellence.
- Optimize cost management in line with script counts.
- Drive organic growth and mitigate risk with existing customer relationships.
- Dispenses prescriptions to pets in accordance with policy and in conformance with regulations and laws dealing with the class of prescription; counsels patients (pet owners) about their medications and maintains an accurate, up to date profile.
- Participates in in-service education programs when requested.
- Professionalism by participating in organization memberships; by attending meetings, lectures, in service and seminars; by reading journals; and by complying with National Standards of Continuing Education to maintain professional competency and proficiency.
- Participates in clinical programs instituted in the department such as drug-level monitoring, antibiotic monitoring and consults.
- Participates in special studies as requested.
- Ensures that the quality of the professional services is maintained.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years experience
- Doctor of Pharmacy Degree or BS Degree in Pharmacy
- Must be a Licensed Registered Pharmacist in good standing with the state of Texas
- Experience with veterinary products preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS AND ABILITIES)
- Ethical Conduct.
- Reading Comprehension – Ability to understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents. Ability to comprehend basic principles, theories and laws, policies and procedures that pertain to pharmacy.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Ability to pay attention to details.
- Mathematics - Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Technical- proficient on keyboard and operating a computer terminal. Ability to utilizing PPE and pharmacy equipment to preform duties.
- Communication- ability to communicate verbally in a professional manner with co-workers.
- Dependability- exhibit punctuality and low absenteeism.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to reach overhead, climb stairs, lift/carry or push/pull heavy objects (up to 50 lbs.). Must have the energy and physical stamina to move freely about, and be able to sit or stand for long periods (up to 8 hours).
- Must be able to work in a fast based environment while ensuring accuracy of work