Vets First Choice (VFC) provides veterinary practices with an outstanding online pharmacy and home delivery service that improves medication compliance, simplifies inventory management, and grows practice revenues. Our advanced web tools, client marketing programs and competitive ecommerce offering far surpass the competition and when practices understand the value we bring, they are eager to sign up with our service. We are a highly ambitious and fast-paced company and require high-energy individuals on our team.
Under minimal supervision, the Jr. IT Support Specialist provides quality and professional desktop, laptop, mobile device and office applications support to office-based personnel, field and remote users. This includes the deployment and troubleshooting of hardware, operating systems and applications supported by our Engineering team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Under minimal supervision:
- Create, maintain, and support all end-user hardware systems at VFC and its subsidiaries.
- Assist in the management of hardware and software inventory and provision and remove SaaS account access and permissions to those resources.
- Respond to tickets promptly and with an appropriate sense of urgency based on the nature of the request.
- Troubleshoot problems with all VFC-owned Hardware and Software resources used by our employees, escalating and prioritizing as appropriate.
- Assist in the selection and implementation of software products. Understand and uphold security practices including but not limited to the configuration and deployment of antivirus software, adherence to patching policies, and network security.
- Work to ensure stability of network, servers and telecommunications systems.
- Create/modify cloud software accounts.
- Assist with image builds for use on Macs, Windows and mobile devices.
- Perform desktop and laptop system deployments including hardware and software configuration in support of the business needs.
- Provide support on corporate initiatives such as opening of new facilities, equipment swap outs, system roll-outs, etc.
- Support equipment and office moves and equipment configuration changes as required.
- Responsible for accurate tracking of all incoming and outgoing requests.
- Provide support with inventory equipment and audits.
- Document system problems and resolution for future references.
SYSTEM & TECHNOLOGY REQUIREMENTS
- MS Office Suite 2010 to 2016
- MS Windows 7 and Windows 10
- Some Phone System experience strongly desired
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associates or Bachelors degree in computer science and/or related years of experience
- 1 - 3 years of Help Desk and associated technology experience
COMPETENCIES (Skills and Abilities)
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to multitask and set priorities and juggle numerous tasks and priorities while maintaining productive flow of work.
- Produces consistently accurate work with attention to detail even when under pressure.
- Practices attentive and active listening and knowledgeable about how projects and tasks should
- be accomplished.
- Demonstrates good follow through on information and project status.
- Picks up on technical issues quickly and can learn new skills and knowledge.
- Keeps up to date on technology related to job function.
- Communicates clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Pet friendly office environment with extensive use of computer.