Vets First Choice is the nation's largest veterinary-partner pharmacy, providing vets and their clients with cost effective home delivery service of medications and food. VFC is licensed in all 50 states with the highest quality accreditation possible - ensuring the safest products for our pet customers and their loving owners. We are building an exceptional team of people to provide world class customer service to our pet owner customers and partner practices. Our advanced web tools, client marketing programs and competitive eCommerce offering far surpass the competition and when practices understand the value we bring, they are eager to sign up with our service.
Vet's First Choice is looking for a eCommerce Front-End Developer with a passion for UI development to join our eCommerce development team. You will be working closely with our B2C marketing team on various initiatives such as A/B testing and analytics solutions, but the primary focus of the position is UI development on our SAP Hybris-based storefront. Your team with work closely with a team of designers, UX experts, marketing, QA engineers and project managers to help define the work that your team will bring to life. We love strong opinions on UI design, development, and performance; someone who is passionate about constantly learning would be a great fit. Must be willing and able to maintain good working relationships in a professional manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with the design team and marketing team to implement front-end features
- Assist marketing with their A/B testing and analytics initiatives
- Contribute to the adoption of development best practices and new technologies
- Understand the VFC flavor of e-commerce from both a technical and business perspective
- Provide accurate estimating of the timing of software delivery with improved productivity and repeat processes
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or computer science and/or related years of experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in software design and development
- Minimum 2 years development experience in Java server side development
- Experience with CSS preprocessors such as LESS, SCSS, or Sass
- Understanding of CSS frameworks such as Bootstrap, Foundation etc.
- Understanding of responsive design, mobile first development
- Experience working with Java Spring applications
- Understanding of data structures, algorithms, object oriented design and design patterns
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies with SCRUM team/tools experience
- Understanding and working knowledge of REST Api's or other HTTP Api's
- Experience with build tools such as Grunt, Gulp, or Webpack
- Highly motivated team player working in a fast paced technology and product-oriented company
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Pet friendly office environment with extensive use of computer