The Director of Inside Sales will lead the inside sales team; develop a deep understanding of customer requirements and market dynamics, and will be responsible for developing and implementing targeted sales strategies for accelerating and maximizing market penetration for the Company’s products and services. The Director of Inside Sales will be responsible for recruiting, training, and managing, a high-performance sales team to ensure customer satisfaction. Plans and implements sales programs by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Other duties may be assigned.
· Identify gaps in skills on team; develop and implement organizational structure in support of strategic objectives.
· Develop and implement sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
· Develop and manage sales operating budgets, and analyze and control expenditures to budgetary requirements.
· Recruit, hire and train new team members utilizing “best practice” techniques and approaches.
· Develop sales key performance indicators and develop a system to consistently measure and improve performance in alignment with sales programs improving sales productivity and meet revenue targets.
· Develop compensation plans that motivate teams and deliver on aggressive goals. Inspire the team to achieve sales goals.
· Organize and lead daily, weekly and quarterly sales meetings.
· Work with the B2B Marketing team to ensure a steady stream of qualified leads.
· Collaborate with all Marketing, Customer Service, Operations and Management teams on strategies, programs, customer feedback and new ideas.
· Work with the account management team to prioritize sales tasks.
· Organize initiatives and coordinate department projects to meet deadlines in support of growing the business
· Implement and develop best practices in the sales process
· Develop and implement an affective sales training program for new employees.
Responsible for supervision of all sales personnel either directly or through managers of sales teams.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
B.A. required. MBA preferred.
10+ years of direct sales with proven record of success (both over the phone and in person) with a demonstrated ability to manage a pipeline, carry through, and close deals.
At least six years demonstrated experience managing sales teams.
Experience in animal or human health strongly preferred, but not mandatory
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
COMPETENCIES (Skills and Abilities)
Deep familiarity with sales techniques and use of metrics, technology, and incentives to drive sales performance
Familiarity with HubSpot and Salesforce.com
Must possess excellent management skills to grow and manage inside and outside sales teams.
Outstanding teaching and coaching skills
Knowledge of research tools such as LinkedIn coupled with advanced internet search techniques
Adept at online systems, Excel worksheets, PowerPoint
Executive level strategy, communication, and presentation skills are required.
Ability to prioritize company objectives and meet aggressive deadlines.
Strong analytical skills and financial competency, especially with regard to measurements of sales representative productivity.
Ability to travel.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Normal office environment with regular travel required.