The Senior Recruiter is responsible for the full life cycle recruiting process ensuring that Vets First Choice attracts, recruits and selects high performing individuals. Responsible for the management and approval of requisitions, candidate sourcing, screening, making recommendations regarding potential employees, coordinating interview process, checking references, extending offers and ensuring the candidate has a good recruitment experience and introduction to Vets First Choice.
This position is a highly visible role that will work collaboratively with leadership and hiring managers throughout the organization. The ideal candidate will identify the best talent and work closely providing guidance on recruiting strategies, industry trends and market data. The incumbent will deliver continuous improvement based on internal and external best practices, and will ensure requisitions are delivered with excellence using creative sourcing methods (internal and external).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Proactively source candidates through job boards, candidate pools, social media websites, referrals, networking, and other avenues, to fill talent acquisition needs.
- Build and maintain a network of potential candidates through pro-active market research, sourcing and on-going relationship management.
- Identify new creative strategies and build relationships with other organizations to enhance the pipeline of candidates for tough to fill jobs or scarce skills.
- Ownership and maintenance of Application Tracking Systems, and other tools to manage the requisition approval process, incoming resumes and applicant flow and ensuring compliance with all federal & state laws, as well as VFC policies.
- Establish strong partnerships with hiring managers to quickly assess business needs, determine candidate and job profile and launch a thorough hiring strategy. Educate managers on the recruiting strategies and processes.
- Work closely with the Director of HR to develop corporate recruiting strategies to identify top talent.
- Determine effective advertising mediums and place appropriate postings on career and social networking sites.
- Interview candidates within the framework of the position specification. Possess strong ability to screen, interview and prepare an ideal candidate slate within appropriate and consistent timeline.
- Schedule phone and onsite interviews with candidates and hiring managers and/or team members.
- Complete reference checks on all potential candidates and review findings with hiring manager prior to job offer.
- Assist with initial onboarding by creating offer letters and pre-hire package to distribute to selected candidates.
- Ensure appropriate follow-up with candidates who are not selected for hire.
- Develop and implement recruitment metrics and analyze in order to design strategies based on outcomes.
- Develop, support and maintain college recruiting and affirmative action programs and attend recruitment/networking events as needed.
- Assist with completing job descriptions and audits when needed.
- Participate in special projects/recruiting initiatives including assessment of best practices in interview techniques, leveraging of internal sources of talent and identification of top performers for senior-level management.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and HR experience
- 5+ years direct experience in the HR field with knowledge across all HR disciplines
- 3+ years in a senior-level recruitment position
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS AND ABILITIES)
- Strong consulting skills, including negotiating and conflict resolution
- Proven ability to influence through relationships
- Demonstrated ability to quickly establish and maintain rapport with people of diverse backgrounds and professional levels
- Ability to work autonomously, while ensuring a strong partnership with Corporate HR
- Computer proficiency including HRIS/Payroll experience
PHYSICIAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Pet friendly office environment
- Some business travel required (less than 25% of time)