The Sr. Product Manager, Enterprise Software Solutions is responsible for product management of two current on-market products: Supply Chain Management and Enterprise Reporting. This role manages a backlog of features, generating product requirements, determining specifications, creating use cases, and working closely with Project Management, Development, and Business Analysis team members to create timelines and roadmaps for both products. The Sr Product Manager will play a key role managing our products, and the ongoing support of our products, meeting the market and the businesses mutually agreed upon goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ongoing management of the Product Backlog(s), including reviewing Customer Requests, Prioritizing Features/Epics, and participating in Defect Reviews as needed.
- Partner and collaborate with Commercial Team to ensure features meet market needs.
- Partner and collaborate with Commercial Team in product of Marketing Resources to support commercialization.
- Assess market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products.
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
- Partner and collaborate with VFC sales and customer support teams, as needed, to drive customer engagement.
- Develops and provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term roadmaps and answering questions and requests.
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with partners and internal operations.
- Participates and influences product pricing exercises by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Maintain knowledge in product, marketplace, and current business issues, and disseminate appropriate knowledge to team.
- Cultivate strong consultative relationships with key individuals as Partners and act as primary point of contact to ensure satisfaction.
- Maintain a detailed understanding of Partners’ business (pain points, investment areas, profitability factors, etc.)
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in related industry (Biology, Animal Science, Marketing, etc.)
- 8 years senior-level product marketing and commercial sales experience. Veterinary industry preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS AND ABILITIES)
- Software product management experience in the veterinary or animal health industry.
- Proven experience in product planning and product delivery with ability to develop key strategies and execute.
- P&L management
- Strong business networking and customer relationship skills.
- Ability to meet targeted goals; strong organizational skills; attentive to detail.
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication skills (including presentation skills)
- Must be self-motivated, work well under pressure and be eager to success in a competitive, results-oriented environment.
- Experience selling horizontal and vertical solutions with strategic partners.
- Proven track record of achieving and exceeding goals.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Positive, enthusiastic and collaborative attitude
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Pet-friendly office environment with extensive use of computer.
- Business travel of 10-20% of the time may be required.